Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Picnic Perfect Sandwiches

For our concert at the park, I wanted to pack a picnic that did not require a cooler or extra stuff to carry. I ended up making 2 kinds of sandwiches, which couldn't be easier to make and turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.

CC&A SANDWICH - cream cheese & apple is as easy as PB&J
Ingredients: raisin walnut bread, cream cheese, apple
slices, and lemon to keep apples from browning.

Spread cream cheese on the bread.

Place apple slices on top of cream cheese.

Voila! I told you it was easy. Just be sure to use kinda fancy
bread. This won't be as good on plain old wheat bread.

APPLE SANDWICH - way better than it sounds
Ingredients: almond butter, chocolate chips, granola, apple,
lemon to keep apples from browning, and a cookie cutter.

Slice apple horizontally and core it using the cookie cutter.

Spread almond butter on apple slices.

Add granola. I used cherry vanilla granola because I like its
pink color and it even tastes good. Sprinkle in chocolate chips.

There you go! By the time we ate our picnic, the granola has softened the
tiniest bit in the almond butter, making an almost nougaty filling. This
turned out much better than I expected.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sugarcane Life has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://sugarcanetoddler.com/sugarcanelife'.