Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday 5: flatline



Once upon a time I wore nothing but heels. The higher the better. I had a heel for every occasion except athletics, but only because high heel sneakers weren't available yet.

When flats became a trend 5 years ago, I thought it would slink away to a dark fashion corner by the following season. Wanting to participate but not invest, I got a pair at Ross Dress for Less to get me through 1 season. I couldn't wait for this trend's end but it never came. Flats refused to leave and they may be here for good. Quel dommage!

When I saw the writing on the wall, I relented and got a pair of classic, gold flats. That was 1 pair long ago. Recently, however, my shoe purchases have been all flats. There are so many lust-worthy pairs out there and I'm all for them. But how did this happen? When did I become a flats girl?

...Oh, right. Maybe since I've had to carry
all at the same time. Handbag optional.

Happy Friday, loves!


baby illustration from http://www.mywallpaper.org/cartoon/baby-girl-cartoon-clip-art

1 comment:

  1. I don't follow fashion. The more comfortable, the better. Motherhood made that acceptable.

    ReplyDelete

Sugarcane Life has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://sugarcanetoddler.com/sugarcanelife'.