Monday, July 1, 2013

5 Things: Places

5 places that are new and/or new to us

1) I was so excited to find The Plant Organic Cafe has opened in Burlingame! It's only 10 minutes from my house and I'm so happy about that. No more having to drive and park! in the Marina to enjoy their delicious vegetarian fare. For lunch Amelia and I shared The Plant Burger, house made from lentils, mushrooms, beets, cashews, bulgar wheat and served with avocado, white cheddar, roasted onion, leaf lettuce, tomato chutney, and aioli.

2) I also discovered that a brand new Paper Source has set up shop in Burlingame. It's on the same block as The Plant and so conveniently close to home. Yay! I picked up wrapping paper, ribbons, and tags for a Christmas photo shoot next month.

3) Amelia and I spent a day in Berkeley with my good friend Han and her almost-2-year-old son Otto. We popped in La Farine Boulangerie and Patisserie to pick up a few treats. This place has been around a long time but it was new to us. I think Amelia had her eye on something.

4) Again this restaurant is not new but it was new to us. We finally tried Asian fusion hot spot The House in North Beach and really enjoyed it. Our favorites were the hamachi special, scallops with lemon ponzu sauce, truffle mushroom rice, and coconut creme brulee.

5) Our first time at a new bar in TenderNob with my husband Marcus, daughter Amelia, cousin Jenessa visiting from Manila, brother Roy and his girlfriend Wendy. Basil gimlets all around and a Boylan's rootbeer for our DD. Yes, that's a baby in a bar. They allow that in San Francisco.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sugarcane Life has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://sugarcanetoddler.com/sugarcanelife'.