Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mama Doll, Dada Doll

I got my inspiration for this project when we were visiting various daycares. One of the daycare providers said that she asks all parents to provide pictures of themselves, so that the kids can look at their parents' pictures if they miss them. At that point, I knew I would include our pictures in Amelia's daycare bag, whether the daycare we chose asked for them or not. However, I wanted to give her something more durable than a printed photo (Amelia is notorious for tearing paper), so I decided to make a mama doll/dada doll.

I got printer fabric from the fabric store.

I printed out a photo of Marc on one sheet and myself on another sheet.

I ironed the prints to set the ink

I sewed the prints on duck cloth and then
sewed the prints together facing each other.
The bottom was left open so it could be stuffed.
.
This is what it looks like turned inside out.
It was stuffed with batting and the bottom was sewn close.

The finished product.


It's like I'm an action figure. Haha. Happy back-to-school!





5 comments:

  1. Ms. Sugarcane, I could sure use one of those M&R pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable. Such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally doing this for Cassius so he can always have a picture of his dada!

    ReplyDelete

Sugarcane Life has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://sugarcanetoddler.com/sugarcanelife'.