Monday, September 23, 2013

Sugarcane is Designing a Toddler Line!

textiles from Anthill Fabric Gallery and Silahis

Big news! Sugarcane is designing a mini toddler line!

Who? Why? Wha?

On a trip to Cebu in the Philippines, I was inspired by the indigenous fabrics at Anthill Fabric Gallery. I love the tribal designs and the vibrant colors. I love even more that the textiles are still made by artisans on antique wooden looms. What's even more impressive is that the artisans are Philippine hill tribe mothers supporting their families, while keeping a native tradition alive.

Anthill collaborates with designers to create demand for these fabrics, supporting the artisans, their craftsmanship, and their traditions. It's a cause I believe in and makes me feel proudly Filipino. I never thought I would design a line but here I am, jumping in with both feet.


Anthill Fabric Gallery
Pedro Calomarde St.
Gorordo Ave., Lahug, Cebu City
Philippines 6000

The Silahis Center
744 Calle Real del Palacio (Gen. Luna)
Intramuros 1002, Manila
Philippines


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sugarcane Life has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://sugarcanetoddler.com/sugarcanelife'.